Sunbound Lighting warranty
Sunbound Lighting values quality, integrity, and reliability. We uphold the highest standards of service and responsibility in the industry, and firmly stand behind the quality and workmanship of every product we produce.
As such, Sunbound Lighting warrants all custom products and accessory products against defects in material and workmanship brought to our attention within FIVE YEARS after purchase. In the event of a defect within the warranty period, the original purchaser must download an RMA Form and send the completed form to Tech Support. The customer agrees to promptly submit a completed RMA form to us, including order number or reference number and detailed pictures. After we’ve reviewed and confirmed the RMA, we will instruct the customer to return the defective product back to our facility and follow the Return Policy.
If you have an item you believe to be faulty, contact Sunbound immediately and request technical or return support. You may be required to provide photos, videos, and/or descriptions of the item(s) not performing properly. It is Sunbound’s goal to troubleshoot thoroughly to eliminate any unnecessary time or hassle on behalf of the customer. Failing to comply and provide the information requested by Sunbound will result in void of warranty.
If a product is deemed faulty by a technician/representative, then a return shipping label and a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form will be sent out immediately. Once Sunbound receives the product, we will test the item(s) to better understand where the fault in the product(s) lies.
Sunbound will not provide replacement items before the original items have been returned, tested, and deemed faulty. If you need a replacement item while the return process is taking place, then you can request an advanced replacement. An order will be made for repurchase of the items. Once the testing process is complete and assuming the product is faulty, a refund will be issued for the purchase price of the product, including a $10 credit for shipping the item.
If the product is found to be working properly and the error lies in the installation, or with other non-Sunbound products being used, then the product will be returned to the customer via our standard shipping method. If the customer has paid for a replacement item while the return process is being processed and the original product is found to be working properly, then the customer will receive the original product back and no refund.
Buyer’s sole right under this warranty is for repair or replacement of the defective item. This warranty is not transferable and applies only to the original purchaser of such items, provided that products purchased from an authorized Sunbound reseller will also include the above limited warranty. Proof of purchase may be required.
Non-refundable items or circumstances include and are not limited to:
- Sample Kits, Display Boxes, Store Credit
- Services and/or labor rendered
- All products specifically designed and manufactured in accordance to customer’s specifications that are not sold on our website.
- Products that have had the following done:
- Rivets have been knocked out on drivers
- Wires on power units have been cut too short making connections uneasy or unusable for a future client
- Damage to the original boxes and packages not created by Sunbound (Remote Controllers, Dimmers, Switches, Wire, etc.)
- Inserts, manuals, instructions for remotes/accessories or other important papers are missing
- Lights/extrusions/covers that have been cut, soldered, and/or perforated
- Lights that have had the 3M adhesive tape peeled/exposed
- Lights that have been creased or if there is damage to the printed circuit board (PCB), led chips, resistors, etc.
- All warranties are void without full payment to the original invoice, including full payment of collection costs.
This limited warranty does not include product failures that are the result of:
- Not using a voltage regulated power supply to connect the LED product or controls;
- Connecting LED products to the wrong output voltage;
- Improper connection of power supplies, LED products, or controls;
- Connecting LED products or controls directly to any AC power source if they are stated for DC only input;
- Connecting power supplies backwards to an AC power source;
- Products used in an inappropriate location or in environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, moisture, etc.) outside the normal specified range;
- Water damage to products not specifically sold as waterproof products;
- Electrical power surges and spikes;
- Damage from hail, flooding, tornado, fire, wind, earthquake, lightning, electrical storm, or any other natural disasters or “force majeure” incidences;
- Damage caused by a vehicle or other accident;
- Damage caused when transporting the item;
- Damage to any products that were modified by the user, used for purposes other than as intended or directed, or connected to LED systems or components not purchased from Sunbound;
- Products that have been subjected to misuse, mishandling, misapplication or accident.
- Products used in connection with any components, devices or systems other than those explicitly approved as compatible with Company’s products and listed on Company’s website.
- Excessive wear and tear and/or physical or accidental abuse, loss, or theft.
- Improper repairs or warranty services performed by someone other than Sunbound will void this warranty.
Disclaimer of Warranty
SUNBOUND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR REVENUE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, LOSS OF CAPITAL COST OF SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT, FACILITIES OR SERVICES, DOWNTIME COSTS, LABOR OR OTHER CONSTRUCTION COSTS, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES AGAINST PURCHASER, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT OR RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO SERVICES RENDERED BY SUNBOUND, EVEN IF SUNBOUND HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO CASE SHALL SUNBOUND’ LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE APPLICABLE PURCHASE PRICE ALLOCABLE TO THE SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT WHICH GIVE RISE TO CLAIM FOR DAMAGES, LESS ANY DEDUCTION FOR USE BY THE END USER
Sunbound Lighting reserves the right to examine and test all products under claim of warranty to evaluate the root cause of the products failure and to consider whether the product was properly configuration, wired, designed, installed and used; and to ultimately make a determination whether the product is covered under this Warranty. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that the claim is within the terms and conditions of this Warranty, Sunbound Lighting will, in our sole discretion, either repair the product, provide a replacement product, or remit a cash or credit refund. Sunbound Lighting is not responsible for any other expenses resulting from a warranty claim, such as shipping, labor or other costs or expenses to remove, repair or install any defective, repaired or replaced product.